Friday 10 February 2017

Morgyn - Santa's Cottage


Hi everyone, 
Morgyn here with a layout using a Christmas kit created by the lovely Raelene.

 When first opened up my kit I had my son with me, he loved every bit of the kit and came up with a layout design for me while we were unboxing.  I thought this was a rather cute idea and decided to go with it.  It is definitely not my usual style or type of layout to create, but I had fun and master 5 absolutely loved it when I was finished - I guess that's what really counts, right??

Here is a picture of the kit I was working with



This is my completed layout


I did a bit of 'paper piecing' with this layout.  I started with my background layers, I used a few pieces from an old Stampin' Up! Christmas collection.  I used the blue/snow paper for the top 'sky' layer.  Then used the tree paper to create a forest look.  Lastly I used some white cardstock to create a couple of snowy mountains.


Next I worked on the Santa Cottage, I hand drew the outline of the house, then added some snow to the roof.  Then I started with my embellishments, I used the gems from the kit on my roof (as per master 5 request).  I just a straw to make the bottom of the window and some pearls for the sides.  Twine made a great house and door outline, along with a green door handle.  I had so much fun using all the little elements to create the Santa cottage.

After all the base layers were done, I added some stamping over the page to give the look of snow - I achieved this effect with white embossing powder and a circle stamp.  Then I added my photo along with a few more accent pieces - flower, snow heaps and some white glitter to the mountain tops gave a great effect.  

If you would like to see my process video for this layout you can find it here.

Thank you

Morgyn xx














No comments:

Post a Comment