Tuesday 7 November 2017

Lauren - November Kit - Christmas 2016

Morning everyone, I enjoyed unboxing my November embellishment kit - all those unique Christmas goodies. I enjoyed it so much that I got straight onto creating a fun layout.

I grabbed a photo from Christmas 2016, where you can see that my children are looking at some Christmas lights around our neighbourhood. I chose that photo as I was inspired the patterned paper with the strings of Christmas lights.

I set about cutting out those string of lights, and they were easy placed on the top half of the layout like real Christmas lights on a house roof. I did cut down the cardstock and back it with light green cardstock to make a subtle border to draw the eye into the middle of the layout.




It then called for some basic layering behind the photo so that it could stand off the white background and be the centre of attention. I grabbed similar colours from a small coloured blank paper notebook that I have in my stash and loosely arranged them. I stapled them to make sure they didn't move before adhering to the page.

Then I got to dive into the smaller embellishment pieces in the kit, I was drawn to the bells - I thought they could be strung together on black thread to look like a 3D string of lights tying in the top half of the layout with the photo embellishment clusters.


Finishing the layout of with a cut-a-part word "sparkle", the beautiful lace Christmas tree, a flair and a candy cane button.

Looking at it at this stage I figured it was missing something, perhaps a title but I was unsure how that was  going to occur. Another look at the embellishment kit made me choose the small card that reads "its beginning to look like Christmas" (one of my favourite Christmas songs.) I added that to the bottom cluster and highlighted the title using pink sharpie to outline the letters.

thank you for checking out my layout, 
Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment