Saturday 22 April 2017

Lisa - April Kit - Fun Times Loved

Hello everyone, welcome to my 2nd layout using Scrapping Fun's April Embellishment Kit.


The ribbons and washi in this kit are absolutely gorgeous and I didn't use many in my first layout so I wanted to really showcase them here,

I started by using them as my background by cutting them roughly in different lengths and using a glue adhesive to attach them. It did crinkle a little when it dried. I flattened it by putting them page under some weight for a while, but I actually like the texture it adds to the page. You could use double sided tape which may stop the crinkling.

I wanted to put this embellishment cluster in the top corner of the photo. I planned it out on the doily without any adhesive before adding it to the page. I find it gives time to sit and think about things before gluing it down permanently. I don't plan this well always but the embellishments included in the kit are so precious I didn't want to ruin it.



You can see I changed it  little as I put it all together on the page.

The kit crocheted flowers seems to blend so well with the kit gardenia, I felt I had to cluster them together.

Buttons are one of my favourite embellishments. The circle cut out under the kit buttons was cut from card that I had covered in the kit washi and mounted onto white cardstock.





To compliment the subtle green in the kit doily I have added the Mulberry Paper leaves and a small green flag tag from my own stash.                                                                                                                                                              
This is one of my favourite photos of my children with my parents. They are all so naturally happy and having fun





I used some more of the kit buttons down the right side of the photo to balance the large embellishment cluster,

The chipboard is from my stash and I have coloured it because I thinks its natural colour goes so well with the purple. Bringing a bit of interest to it by adding a bow of kit gold trimmed ribbon which I did not use in the background.






Finishing off with small journaling to mark the date & place, I used the card I had covered in kit washi tape to cut a small tab. I attached it to the kit heart shaped paperclip and stuck it to the layout with adhesive.

At the end I matted the whole layout onto purple cardstock because I though it needed something to define a border. I probably should have done it at the beginning but I didn't think of it.

I hope you enjoy the final result. See you next month.


No comments:

Post a Comment