Saturday 29 April 2017

Tracey- April- Feeling Fancy

Hey Crafters! I'm back again with another layout from our lovely April kit. This is my last blog post for the month so enjoy!

I needed to get this page done quickly so I kept things pretty simple.  I started off by trimming my white cardstock down (I can't remember measurements sorry) I then used my Fiskars Advantege punch with the flower cartridge to punch a cute little border on the sides.  I  then mounted the white on to a lilac cardstock by KaiserCraft.

Now, if you read my posts regularly, you know that I just about ALWAYS include a form of mixed media.  this time around, I used the Tim Holtz Wilted Violet mist to create a little of interest around my photo which I will add shortly.



I chose to mount my 4x4 photo on a scrap purple and black polka dot paper and a little slither of one of our beautiful kit papers.  I felt as if I would need a rather large embellishment cluster seeing as I didn't have a pattered paper background and I didn't have very many layers behind my photo, so I added the great doily that we received in the kit. I added a few strips of the wash we all received and then pulled out my embellishments and started to have a play around with how I wanted things to work out. I wanted to make things appear to be more 'random' looking so, I desperately tried to make the purple twine from the kit look as if it just fell onto the page... but, it doesn't look like that so we will just live with it (Lol).  I decided that I wanted to add a few flowers.  I found that I only had white flowers, so, I used two mists to colour them. All I had to do was spray the mist over the flower and make sure that it was fully covered and then dry before I added it to the layout. I used pink enamel dots in the centre to add a bit of contrast with all the purple.



At this stage, I was thinking that my cluster was looking a little bare still so I added one of my favourite embellishments from the kit, the Purple Heart paperclip. I then added some of the kits sequins and beads along with a white and gold butterfly from my stash.



I hope you enjoyed the layout and I can't wait to see what you create with our May kit- which I LOVED!


2 comments:

  1. Love it Tracey thanks for sharing! I find no matter how hard you try to place things naturally they don't work like sequins!

    ReplyDelete