Wednesday 19 September 2018

Shay - September 2018 Kit - Sunshine and Family

Hello Everyone,

I must say when I got my September 2018 kit in the mail my mind started racing and it didn't stop till I had created. I knew already I had the perfect pictures to showcase the stunning yellows in the kit!

My mind raced with all the possibilities in this kit! I loved the yellow and wanted to make sure it complimented the photo's I chose but stood out for the happy colour it is. So Family photo's were needed.








I indulged in some Stampin Up! supplies this season from their new catalog and brought some embossing powders..they have an amazing range of colours but my favorite was Pineapple Punch from their In Colour 2018-2020 Stampin' Embossing powders (set of 5), and guess what it went perfect with this kit!

love how the yellow pops against the black -Stampin up! stamps used.

I used Bazzil Licorice card stock and embossed in pineapple punch the dandelions onto the bottom of the page, they really pop against the black background. A bright and fun addition to the page.  I matted the photo with black and yellow card stock ( from stash) this helped the photo, stand out from the black background.

The photo placement was important for me as the yellow made such an impact i didn't want to loose the focus of the photo so I put it in the middle of the page away from the yellow embossing leaving blank space to highlight both. I used the grey ribbon to highlight the photo even more adding the word original from the cut apart and then the resin sunflowers, This gives the eye a chance to come up to the photo and scan across it.  


I added some do it yourself thicker (poolside) and painted them yellow with Dylusions paint in lemon zest. for the title. 
The yellow frames the photo.

I had a lot of fun with this kit and love the results from using the items in it. I hope you have enjoyed this layout and create you own magic with September's Kit.

Thank you for looking at my work.

Shay 






































No comments:

Post a Comment