Saturday 29 September 2018

Shay - September 2018 - So Simple

Hi Everyone!

Today I am back with a quick and simple layout using the September 2018 Kit, that came together so quick, it seemed like it only took minutes not the 15mins that it actually took me.

Love the texture of the cut edge.

I loved the bag that was included in Septembers kit and wanted to make the most of it while showing the lovely design on the grey background. I cut the bag open along one side seam opening it up to make it bigger.  I then cut an "L" shape from two sides to back the photo in the paper and save it for another layout ( paper hoarding anyone?)  I did the same with the Yellow flower paper to cover the back of the photo and make it really pop from the black paper.


I removed the center of the yellow frame in the cut outs, and put in the saying that came with the cut apart.  I felt the saying was great for this photo as my grandson was over having his photo taken and turned away from the camera. It was still a good day and some excellent photo's taken.  The heart and the enamel dots on this layout were from my stash.

September's kit included a beautiful tulle and metal flower.  I deconstructed this to use the metal flower centre inside the grey chiffon flower highlighting the metal flower a bit more, and adding a touch of elegance to the page, I absolutely adore this flower and keep touching it.  (Does that make me weird?)
This flower just screams touch me, with it's soft fluffy texture!
I used the yellow straw in the kit to make "stem" for the flower ( but really it was to hide a mistake but shhhh!) but think it added a bit of fun to the page and more texture something I really struggle with normally.



So everyone I need your'e help here I don't have a title for this page....Would love to hear your ideas for a title.



I love a simple layout..Do you ?
Thank you for your interest in my layout, happy scrapping everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment