Wednesday 12 June 2019

Julie - June 2019 Kit - Baby cards

Hi there everyone

Well it is June and very cold. I am afraid that the cold weather is not my best friend. I am, unfortunately, a fair weather girl and I am not that keen on all the layers of clothing one has to wear in the colder months.

Today I am sharing a set of new born cards I have recently made using the June Scrapping Fun Kits kit. You can subscribe to the kits here.

You can see the process video on my YouTube channel here.

These are the cards.


The first card is for a new baby girl and measures 4.5" square.

I have layered 3 of the patterned papers so they decrease in size by 0.25" for each layer. i.e. 4.25", 4", and 3.75"

The scalloped hearts are cut using the 4 smallest dies in my Do Crafts Scalloped Hearts die set from the same pink cardstock the card base is cut from.

I inked around the edge of all of these pieces with Versa Color Orchid ink. I attached each heart on top of the other with just a strip if d/sided tape in the middle of each heart so that the sides of each heart can be lifted to create some dimension. I also covered the smallest heart with sparkle using my Wink of Stella pen

I wrapped some yellow lace from the kit around my embellishment panel and tied it in a bow before I secured it to the front of the card.

The giraffe was fussy cut from the cut-a-part sheet and attached to the card front with glue so it slightly overlapped the bottom layer of the hearts

A computer generated sentiment was printed on the same pink cardstock and attached using foam tape.


For a little bit more detail on the inside of the card I covered the background of the right hand section with some of the patterned paper and then added the larger heart. I matted another sentiment onto some of the patterned paper from the kit and attached that to the top area of the heart so there is room to write a personal message on the heart. The heart was also covered with sparkle from the Wink Of Stella pen


For the baby boy I card I created a tri-fold 5.25" square card using some light blue cardstock from my stash.

I cut a piece of patterned paper to 5" square to put on the inside of the card and 2 pieces of 2 5/8" x 5" pieces for the front and inside left of the card.

I created the sentiment on the computer and printed it on the same blue cardstock that the cards base is made from. I cut a fishtail from each end of the sentiment for a little added detail.

The "Cuddles" die cut was in the kit so I cut the "s" off the end and used 2 blue ink pads to colour it so that it complimented the other colours on the card.

The sentiment and the die cut were then added to the blanket that I had cut from the cut-apart-sheet.

Using 2 pieces of bakers twine I wrapped the front patterned paper a couple of times and then tied a knot. This was attached at the back of the patterned paper with d/sided tape before I attached the patterned paper to the card base.

The embellishment panel was attached to the front of the card so it over hung about half way.


To decorate the inside of the card I cut several pieces from the cut-apart-sheet and attached them to the bottom of the card once I had attached the patterned paper to both areas of the inside of the card.

For a detailed video on how to create these cards click here.

If you want to subscribe to Scrapping Fun Kits kits you can do that here.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment