Wednesday 9 January 2019

Katie - Gaming Kit - Having Fun with the kit

Hello, can you believe we are in a new year already?! I know I say it every year, but the days, months and years just keep rolling around way to quickly for my liking, but what can you do about it? Well I say take some time for you every now and then and create!

I am here today to share a page that I created using the awesome January Gaming kit:


This kit is perfect for all those gamer's in your life! I have four actually, my husband and my three kids (this includes two teenage girls!) so I have plenty of opportunity to use this kit. I decided to scrap a funny story of how our ginger cat Eddie loves to "help" my boy while he games.

I thought I would show you some step by step photos for how I created my background first and then show you the final page.

I started with a white cardstock background and added some watered down distress oxide ink in  spiced marmalade using the "plastic bag" or "kissing" technique. If you haven't heard about this technique is is really quite simple, add some ink from the ink pad to your plastic (either a piece of acetate or similar or a piece of plastic bag, each one give different control and results), add some water and mix the ink to create a water colour kind of puddle and then smoosh or touch this to your background, you can also hold it up and let it drip onto your background. Now let this dry before moving onto to some stenciling. I used some salty ocean distress oxide ink for this one and a foam brush applicator, just adding in bits of stenciling in a few places.


Looking good isn't it! Now for some black accents, I decided to go with some stamping using some archival ink (which is a great ink for using on mixed media backgrounds).



I went with two different stamp sets, one with some stitched style circles in different sizes and one with a hand drawn style chevron, which I repeated to create more of a border/row of chevrons.

And here is the final background:


Now we are ready to add the good stuff! Here is the final page:


I layered my photos on some of the patterned paper in the kit and placed them on the background while I decided what else to use. I created some tags with some of the other patterned papers and tucked them in behind the photos at the top and the bottom.


Along with the tags I mounted some of the stickers from the sticker sheet onto some card and cut them out with a white border, now they look a bit like die cuts and they are easier to move around while I decide where to put them! Add in the epoxy's here and there and the page is coming together!


 I used some stickers that I had in my collection for a title and some other interest, these also add some more black to help contrast the bright colours.


And to finish off I created another tag that I mounted my journaling on in strips (love this way of adding journaling!) and also included another epoxy and the cute little resin controller.

And that is my page done!

I hope you have some fun playing with this kit. See you next time.

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment