Saturday 25 May 2019

Amy- May 2019 Kit - Hope, candles & birthday wishes

Hey Scrapping Fun Fans,

Amy back today with a 12x12 layout created with this month's kit and using a cutfile from the Silhouette studio store. I have used a background cardstock paper that contrasted with the kit.

I started by painting the word Hope from in the kit, using blue Dylusions paint. I painted it several times to ensure an even coat.











While this dried I played with the cut file. I backed some sections with some of the patterned paper in this month's kit, leaving a space free to create a shaker pocket. To add some texture I put the tule ribbon from the kit to the lower section of the cutfile as if there was a ribbon at the bottom of the cake.

I then decided that the photo needed some pop so I added several layers of left over pieces of patterened paper I had from the kit to give the photo some interest and extra colour. I did some ripped edges for some extra texture.









So then the pretty stuff begins and I play with the embellishments. I did not need alot as the cut file and large title took up lots of space on the page, but I did add some embellishments along the right side to balance that side off against the photo.



Before I finished I did add some blue paint pen outline to the Hope word just for some extra pop.

That is my layout complete. It was a bit of an intricate layout but I do like the way it all came together in the end and how the colours worked well together.



Thanks so much for looking and hope to see you next month.

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment