Saturday 4 May 2019

Julie - May 2019 Kit - Family 2013 Layout

Good morning

Today's share is the first layout I have created using the May 2019 Scrapping Fun Kits kit.

I have done an unboxing video to show you what you get in the kit. You can view it here

I have also videoed the process of creating this layout. You can check that out here.


The kit is full of brightly coloured red and orange items and papers so I chose this photo that is mostly black except for the red cardigan I am wearing and the orange shirt my sister is wearing.

The background has three layers, the orange cardstock the black cardstock and then the white cardstock that I have applied Modelling Paste through a Kaisercraft stencil called Damask. Once that was dry I dribbled some Ranger Spray Ink in Squeezed Orange down the page and helped it to run by spraying with water. To finish the background off I stitched around it with black thread and my sewing machine.


I cut one of the patterned papers from the kit so I could have some showing above and some below the photo, which I had double matted on black and red cardstocks.
I used the baker's twine from the kit to wrap around the bottom of the photo.
A strip of yellow/lime patterned paper from my stash was used to create a fishtail banner to go horizontally behind the photo and a piece of the orange cardstock that I used as the bottom layer of the background was punched along one edge using a Martha Stewart punch and layered on top of the yellow/lime paper. I also added a piece of red cardstock behind the patterned paper from the kit that is behind the photo.

I used my hot glue gun to attach some cardboard behind the photo to give it some height and then used the hot glue again to attach the photo to the layout. I also used hot glue to attach the felt heart and paper roses from the kit.

I cut the title on my Scan N Cut using black cardstock for the shadow and the plain orange cardstock for the letters.

To finish the layout off I added some gems to the exclusive Charms Creations felt heart.



You can see all of the detail in the video here on my YouTube channel

If you would like to subscribe to Scrapping Fun Kits monthly kits you can do that here

So glad you have taken the time to read my blog post today.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment