Wednesday 22 May 2019

Karen - May Kit - Mental Health Awareness



Hello, and thanks for stopping by.

Today, I wanted to share with you my layout using the May 2019 Scrapping Fun Kit - Hope.

I wanted to use up both chipboard pieces in the kit, so I painted both of these green with acrylic paint and the main focus point of my spread.




Rather than use this 12 x 12 sheet, which I thought I could use as my background, I decided to cut down to 8 x 8 as I wanted the chipboard pieces to really pop and be the main focus. 




There were a lot of alphas, so as well as putting a 'header' or title to my layout, I also included this quote, which I thought is such a valuable message to anyone suffering mental health issues and a key one to remember.

The amount of Mental Health Issues currently faced in Australia - and no doubt through many other countries - is reaching such a scale that we urgently need support, not just financially and professionally - but every one of us needs to remember this is an illness, and everyone needs to seek help when they are ill.  Mental illness is no different to physical and we are all susceptible to it.





 
I also used paper from the pack to make a love heart, which was a placeholder for three of the flowers from the kit. I also used the twine, and glued 2 rows at the bottom to give the page a foundation. I used a few of my own orange and green sequins too, as the colours matched perfectly.




























 
I love the end result of this layout. The chipboard pieces really stand out, while the orange accents really support the green colour.





I still have so much of the kit left, I'll be making another spread soon, so check out my Socials if you'd like to see more.






No comments:

Post a Comment