Thursday 25 May 2017

Morgyn ~ May Kit ~ Fathers Day Card


Hi scrappers,

Morgyn here with a quick Fathers day card using the May Scrapping Fun kit.

This was my 3rd project created using the May kit - and I still have lots of bits left over (special project coming up in the next couple of months - keep an eye out)

I know Fathers day isn't until September (here in Australia) but it's always nice to have cards on hand rather than rushing at the last minute.


First I used 2 of the patterned papers to create my background - none of my pieces were big enough to cover the whole card.  I added the twine in between the pieces where there was a little gap.


Next I ran the black piece of paper through my big shot with an alpha die to spell out Happy fathers day. I stuck these down then got started on my embellishments.  A strip of washi tape with a metal gear in the top corner - I filled the middle of the gear with some of the mini seed beads.


Lastly I added a couple of washi strips (from my stash) and layered a few sequins together in the bottom corner.  This was such a simple card to create and I really LOVE the way it turned out.  Hopefully one of the fathers (probably my husband) will enjoy this come September.

As always I have a process video up for this card, I would love you to check it out.
You can find it HERE.

Have a great scrappy day

Morgyn
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment