Tuesday 16 May 2017

Tracey- May Kit - Beautiful Boy

Hey everybody! Tracey here again with another May kit layout.  I forgot to take prrogress photos for this one so I apologise in advance.

I started my layout off with the Sea Breeze (I think) cardstock from Kaisercraft.  I knew that I wanted this layout to be quite simple so that the contrast of the background and the patterned paper would be a main feature of the layout. I then cut my photo down and stuck it down to the ack and white cross paper that was included in the kit. I kept this mat quite large because I felt as if it were small, the layout would look to bare.

I then used a blue die cut doily from my stash as a mount for the metal flower. For the flowers centre, I threaded through some of the blue and white bakers twine and tied it in a not to close it. I glued that down to the die cut and then stuck that down with doubled sided tape.



I decided to go for a horizontal line of focus, I trimmed a piece off the black and white spot paper from the kit and made that the mount for my cluster, I also used a piece of washi tape from the kit as a mount for my journaling card.  This months kit included a great swirl paper clip and some black metal roses which I adhered to the journaling card.



I then chose my title, Beautiful Boy. I used the 'beautiful' die cut from Kaisercraft and black letter stickers from my stash and added some gold splatters, wooden stars and a black metal flower.



I hope that you are all enjoying your May kits! Do't forget to share your work with us on the Scrapping Fun Inspiration Group on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment