Wednesday 24 May 2017

Morgyn ~ May Kit ~ My reads


Morgyn here sharing another mini spread in my Travellers notebook.

I am trying to document some of my favourite things throughout the year in this little notebook, I have found the Scrapping Fun Kits as perfect to accent my pages.

This month I am documenting 'My Reads' - these are my favourite series of books. I have read the first 3 at least 2-3 times and always seem to read something new. The Series is The Bronze Horseman by Paulina Simons.

The blues in this kit match almost perfectly with the colours in the book covers.



First I created a background with some stamps (background stamps from Stampin' Up!) and ink. Then layed down a couple of washi tape pieces and used some kit papers to back behind my photo.


After adding my photo I worked on my embellishment clusters.  With a small space to work with in a Travellers notebook, my clusters are rather minimal - sequins in top and bottom corners, then a cluster of paper flower, metal gear and flair to the top right of the photo.  


Finally I added a title using an alpha stamp set.  I try to keep these layouts quick and simple to create.

If you would like to watch my process video of this spread you can check it out here.


Thanks for stopping by

Morgyn xx

No comments:

Post a Comment