Thursday 11 May 2017

Morgyn - May Kit - I need a title??

Hi everyone Morgyn here with a 12x12 layout using the fabulous May kit.

As soon as I got this kit I knew exactly which photos I wanted to use with it.  I have had these photos sitting in my pile waiting to be scrapped for a while and the colours work perfectly with the May kit. 

Sam grabbed my phone one day (during afternoon tea - hence the carrot in his mouth hehe), he started snapping a bunch of selfies of all his crazy faces - these were the top 6 from about 30.


When creating this layout I started by mounting the photo strips (I created these with the PicFrame app for Iphone) on to black cardstock and trimming around the edge to match the photos. Then I layered the patterned paper from the kit behind the photo.



Next I started on my embellishment clusters - this one is to the left of the photo strips and uses lots of fun elements from the kit. Wooden stars, sequins and the super cute metal flower (I love these).  I also added a small strip of black/white stripe washi tape for a bit of contrast.



I then added a piece of the straw to the middle of the photos (I cut it in half length ways so it wasn't too bulky). For my second embellishment cluster I used the beautiful metal flower and added a flair to the middle of it, plus a couple of little sequins to bring the blue/green colour across the layout.



To finish off the page I added a small cluster of washi tape and a metal gear to the top left of the page, then added some paint splatters and sequins over the page.

Now when I was editing my process video (you can view it here) for this layout I realised I had never added a title, so my question to you all is - what title should I give this layout?? Leave your comments below.

Happy Scrapping

Morgyn xx



No comments:

Post a Comment