Saturday 9 June 2018

Lauren - June 2018 Kit - Memories


Hey everyone,

I am loving  the softness of June embellishment kits!!!

I have been inspired  by many around on social media that have made similiar design layouts. 

Each  patterned paper (including the vellum) went together superbly so knew had to use them all together. I cut a triangle from each piece  and positioned in a windmill style on the layout.

It looked a little bare, like it needed more triangles but i didn't  want to clutter the layout  too much so instead  I reached for the amazing  washi in the kit. I did yank a peach thin washi from my stash to even it out.

I then grabbed my sewing machine and outlined the paper with stitching.

It was time to add the photo, title and embellishment cluster to complete the layout.

I used a black and white photo that  had white border so that it didn't  clash with the sweetness of the colour scheme of the kit.

I lifted it  up with foam tape, positioning it in the middle so that it covered the joins of paper and washi (sneaky hehe).

I knew that word veneer was made for this layout so it was first part of the cluster  to make it to the layout. 

Next was  the circle paperclip, flair and paper flower. I played around with some of the other amazing  embellishment pieces before settling on a few of the resin flowers. 







1 comment:

  1. Love your peach and mint in the back ground it really makes your B/W photo really pop
    Also your irregular shapes are really cool.💚🧡

    ReplyDelete