Saturday 2 June 2018

Lisa - June Kit - Pretty Girls

Hello friends, and welcome to my layout using the Scrapping Fun June 2018 Embellishment Kit. There are some really pretty colours in this kit and I love the lace theme. It is often difficult to find photos that colour coordinate and especially when you are working with old 35mm prints from the 80's & 90's, but I just go with it and I think the lovely colours of the kit bring something special to otherwise very ordinary photos.
I sprayed the white cardstock with a mix of peach and green mists and then tones done the colour with some white mist. I forgot to use gesso as an undercoat... Oops... so the cardstock warped a little but I flattened it out with some heavy weights.



The Title is a mix match of some chipboard lettering I had in my stash and I have placed in on a strip of the gorgeous mint coloured lace from the Kit.

I then matted the 4 cropped photos onto 2 pieces of the patterned paper from the kit, which I have distressed with some vintage ink.

Along the left side of the photos, I added the peach coloured ruffles from the kit. I love the "prettiness" this adds to the layout.

I didn't matt the photos as they are already quite bold and I wanted them to blend in rather than pop.


Along the right side of the photos, I have put the Journalling on a little tag from my stash which colour co-ordinated so well. Trimmed with some washi from the kit and topped with the metal swirl from the kit at the top of the tag.

The cluster has the pretty lacey flower, flair and resin flowers from the kit. The Words are from my stash. 

Hope you enjoyed my layout. See you again Soon !!







No comments:

Post a Comment