Sunday 16 December 2018

Amy - DD 2018 Kit - Documenting December in a Travellers Notebook

Hey Scrapping Fun Fans,

Amy here sharing my 1st actual documenting December spread with you, using the stand alone DD 2018 Kit. I have put together the first 3 days here for you as they are only small pages, and I choose the travelers notebook format this year as I am not documenting a daily format and it will only be a short snippet of specific Christmas type things that will be followed up type thing in my regular scrapbook album.

For the 1st page I used the Ho, Ho, Ho tissue paper to line my paper and give it some colour and add a matte for my photos to sit on. This spread actual documents the arrival of our Elf Elvin so there is a few photos which I collaged in the Project Life app. The washi and number was already there from when I made the Notebook last month. I wrote the title on this page, and moved to the 2nd page.




















The 2nd page I decided needed to look a little different, so using the side part of the paper Christmas bag that was in the kit, I cut it out and stuck it down. Now I was going to go red side facing up but thought that would be to much red, so went with the tan colour instead. I then stuck the photos either side of the this strip, added some little pops of red with the red jewels, star pin and twine for some added texture. I added my journaling for the day and that is day 1 complete.


Day 2- Is just a single page and I have used a strip of the green star paper from in the kit, plus a doily from my stash to create a bit of a layering for my photo. I added the green pom pom trim for some interest and a bright pop of colour and then the chipboard word for some texture- all from the the kit. 
I added my journaling last and day 2 all wrapped up!

And then day 3 I wanted to make sure it looked a little different to the other 2 days.  I had some of the red tissue paper laying about and I really love it so had to use it again, but this time I pulled out the ribbons from the kit to use in the spread. I used the tissue paper and ribbon as the base to start this spread off, and laid my photo over the top. 
I then felt that the top of the page looked empty, so went with the ribbon with the beads on it and placed my day title in between 2 of the beads. Still to much white space for me, so I have added 2 of the chipboard snowflakes and added some glossy accents over the top to give them some shine. 
I have added only a little journaling, and some doodly stars and dots and all complete!!



Merry Christmas if I don't pop in before then. 
Amy xx

No comments:

Post a Comment