Friday 14 December 2018

Shay - December 2018 Kit - Bloom Where You Are Planted

Hello Everyone!


Thank you for joining me again today while I get the chance to share with you my layout for December 2018 kit. ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS KIT!

I was stuck on what to do with it, as the title threw me a bit ...Bloom where you are planted, well if anyone knows me they know how quickly I kill plants! So I had these two photo's of me after a Halloween party just sitting on a some paper waiting to be scrapped once I saw the beautiful peach/coral colours of the kit the photo's just begged to be included!


I started off with a blank page of Marshmallow card stock from Bazill, after staring at the page for a while I thought I would do some hearts for the page just floating around, and up from the picture. I used my Stampin up punch ( I don't know the name it has three hearts on it) and started putting the hearts on the page, it wasn't working, after fiddling around with the embellishments in the pack it still wasn't working. So bored me started to make patterns of butterflies and whoa hold up a page started to form before my eyes!



The gorgeous papers included in the kit needed a bit of black to balance it out so I grabbed my scraps to see what I had in there and I found the scraps of a piece that i had held onto for a long time! It was black and white with a hint of glitter on it ( and we all know I love a bit of bling on my pages!) It worked perfectly with the kit and was not over powering on the page.

I used the pretty pink and polka dots (squeels ! 😅polka dots) doily that came in the kit and cut it in half to stick behind my two pictures, they are on a slight angle to give it a bit more character, and just peeps out from the sides. To this I added the black bow up the top and used the resin roses to add to the doily and just under the bow.

The title as I said previously was my big issue, hmm how was I going to use this on this page, Out of all the supplies I own I don't have any pink glitter, embossing powder, glitter glue etc etc, so had to improvise on the paints I owned which Vicki Boutin come to the rescue with her paints and Heidi Swapp spray mist. I used Vicki's Orange Slice Paint, and Cotton Candy and then sprayed a bit of hot pink spray mist into the mix giving me that more peachy coral colour of the kits. I used Nuvo glimmer paste to paint the flowers black and a bit more sparkle.



                                   The black enamel dots were used from my stash.

I really hope you have enjoyed this layout I am so proud of it and happy, after all it is the simple things in life that are often the best!



Hope you all have a great day a great Happy Christmas and  a Safe New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment