Wednesday 12 December 2018

Amy - December 2018 - Mixed Media 12x12 Layout

Hey Scrapping Fun Fans,

Amy here with a mixed media layout for you today. I was feeling in a painty mood when doing this layout, and this photo of my stepdaughter as a bub was perfect for the colours of this December kit, so I grabbed out some Dylusions paint in the Cherry Pie colour and Flutterby paint in a pink tone and painted different strokes in a large pattern to create my background.

I then decided to layer up my photo with all the pattern papers from the kit to really make the photo pop off the background and have alternated the layers between a dark and light pattern, with a piece of craft foam between the 3rd and last layer just to add some dimension.
 For some added texture I added the pink doily to the bottom left corner, as that is the direction of Beth's gaze and then added the big flower just for some prettiness. Around this I added the resin flowers from the kit as well for some more dimension and a pop of black to tie in with the colour of the cat.
I had to use the ribbon elements as I wanted to see how they would fit onto a scrappy project, so I added 1 to that bottom left and then for balance to the top right. I then added my title in black thickers from my stash and wrote the 2nd half of it under the photo.
To finish off the embellishing I added some wood veneer hearts from February's kit and then for some pops of black I used some stamping.
I actually loved the bright and bold of the reds and pink of this layout, yet it is softened with the flowers and ribbon.


 Have a great Christmas and see you soon
Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment