Saturday 27 July 2019

Julie - July Frozen Inspired Kit - Angkor Wat.

Good morning to all our Scrapping Fun friends

Today I am sharing a layout I created using the July Frozen inspired kit. You can buy the kit here.

I have created a video showing the creative process for this page. You can see it on my YouTube channel here.


The July kit is inspired by the Frozen video etc having blues, purples, silver and white papers and elements. I have done an unboxing video for this kit. You can see what is in the kit here.

When I started this layout I did not really have a plan for it and I do change my mind about the layout as I progress.

I have used a 12" x 12" sheet of blue print and a 12" x 12" purple paper from my stash for the background. I do not know the brand of these as they were in a paper pack and I have thrown the packaging away.

I trimmed the purple paper down to 11.5" square and then cut the middle out of it leaving a 1" frame. My original plan was to have a 10.5" square sheet of white cardstock on top of this but I changed my mind and went with using the frame as it is.

I have used 2 blue and 1 purple paper from the kit to create the layers behind my photo. I also used a piece of the purple that I cut the frame out of.

For a little bit of interest I cut a fishtail from both ends of the purple paper from the kit.

I have backed my photo with purple tissue paper and torn the bottom edge of it

Using my sewing machine I stitched around all of the papers with black thread. I have also inked the edges of all of the patterned papers with black ink

I cut the doily from the kit in half and attached that to the background then layered the patterned papers onto the page using double sided tape.

There is a blue tag in the kit, I have stamped all over it with a Artee Stamps Simple Flower Trio stamp and some black ink and then run it through my BigShot with a Kaisercraft embossing folder. I then replaced the twine in the tag with some of the feathers wool that is in the kit and attached it to the layout, extending out from the right hand edge of the photo.



I added three decorative pins from my stash and a flower and flair from the kit.



There is some very pretty washi tape in the kit so I added a row of that to the bottom of the photo and attached two flowers and another flair from the kit to the bottom left of the photo.

For the title I have used American Crafts Remarks - Playtime alpha stickers. I wrote the date of the photo by hand.

I had planned on finishing the page here but it looked incomplete so I found the butterfly and star in my stash. I had made these some time ago and had not used them. They are heat embossed stamped images on glossy rainbow paper and they work beautifully with the colours on the layout. I cut the star in half and added that to the bottom left cluster and the butterfly was added to the cluster to the right of the photo.

That completed the layout.

Thank you for spending your time here with us today.

Don't forget to check out the July kit. You can buy it here.

Also the process video can be seen here.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment