Wednesday 10 July 2019

Karen - July 2019 Frozen Inspired Kit - Katie

Princess Katie




This months' kit is 'Frozen Inspired' so I couldn't resist making the most and decided to scrap this gorgeous photo of Katie in her Frozen fancy dress costume.





This was the photo that inspired me, but I wanted the focus to be on Katie, and as there was so much in background I decided I would cut out her profile. It's quite a long photo, and as I wanted to do a 8x8 layout, I also trimmed out the bottom of the dress.

I used a scrap piece of paper I had as the background, and I painted silver acrylic paint on the sheet, as well as adding some kaisermist silver drops to really bring out the background.

Cardboard was added to the back of the photo to help layer it on the page.











I wanted this gorgeous white cut out of snowflakes to be the focal point of the photo, so I laid it over the bottom of the photo and turned up edges of the flakes to again add some layers.

I added 'wink of Stella' sparkle to the white, as I really wanted that winter feel for the spread.

There were two white flowers in the pack, which I added to the top right hand corner as well as the silver metal snowflake.









There were heaps of ribbons in this months pack, and I knew I wanted to make the most of them. To really maximise the different ribbon styles, I framed the right hand side of the layout with three of the different ribbons. Starting with the thin silver ribbon, the white twine then the beautiful fluffy white one towards the end.  There was also blue wider ribbon which I cut in half so I could use some in the top right hand corner, and some in the bottom left hand corner. 












The paper packs in this months' kit were absolutely gorgeous too. I used my snowflake hole punch to punch out lots of little snowflakes from the paper to add from top left, to bottom right across the page diagonally.

I intermingled them between the white snowflakes too, and again lifted up the ends to add texture to the layout.

I finished off these snowflakes using some crystal gems out of my stash - I just can't resist a bit of bling










Speaking of bling,  Also had these sparkly silver alpha's which I added to the layout. There were also a few little * symbols that I also used.


Whilst the photo looks quite dark, the layout is much brighter in real life - if only you could see the sparkle and shimmer on the snowflakes and background.







This was a fun project to do, and I'm really pleased with the end result. As always, it came together so easily using the kit, and there's so much more left! Watch out for more creations from this kit soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment