Saturday 13 July 2019

Karen - July 2019 Kit - Fun Time

Fun Time





This kit reminded me so much of Christmas, that I just had to scrap a favourite photo of mine from Christmas. It's still hard adjusting to a hot summer [I'm used to winter at Christmas not summer] at Christmas, but certainly do enjoy relaxing family pool time - with Fudge the dog always centre of attention.




I started my layout using a neutral 8x8 sheet as background, then used the kit papers in strips to had layers to frame my photo.

I also included the gorgeous acetate piece to add interest and texture to the layout.

There was so much ribbon in this kit, I couldn't resist adding some to the paper strips, and this white ribbon is my favourite. 

I also added a couple of ribbon strips to the bottom, really loving the blue/silver theme of the kit.







I used some of the patterned paper to make a tag with a tag die, and added some of the twine from the kit to finish it off.

I used this for some 'hidden' journalling, and then slipped it behind the photo so it didn't take up too much space in the layout.

I also used some of the left over doilies to layer up and sneak on the top of the photo for added texture and interest.












I really wanted to use this blue ribbon too, but didn't want it to take up too much space on the layout, so I added it to the back of the layout instead.

Top Tip: If you want to keep your layout in an album, and use this technique, cut a strip off your background paper to ensure the overall size remains the same.












The kit came with a blue adhesive strip of snowflakes. I decided to cut these out to separate them and added them to the top of the layout, as well as few at the bottom as well.

I also added some silver sparkly alpha's to give my spread a title.







I'm really pleased with the overall finish of the layout. There was a lot to squeeze into a 8x8 spread, and the only thing I'd change would be to do it on 12x12 instead to use up more of the ribbon.



No comments:

Post a Comment