Wednesday 21 August 2019

Amy- August Kit- Art Journal page

Hey Scrapping Fun Peeps,

Amy here with an art journal page using our galactic August kit. I initially was not sure how I was going to use the kit, as I couldn't put my hands on a Star Wars themed picture, but I was feeling arty and decided I would just create an art journal entry.

I started with a circle stencil and some texture paste. I put the stencilled image on both sides as I was not sure what exactly I wanted to do. And circles because it made me think of planets and space.

Next I added my paint, which I added water to in order to get it moving around the pages a bit more. I mixed up the colours to match in with the colours on the napkin. I wanted to have most of the page covered, so I kept adding blobs of paint with water to get a whole coverage.

Using matte gel medium I adhered my napkin to the page (I only took 1 square of the napkin). I added the straw for some additional colour and dimension.

So I was left to embellish a little. Using supplies from the kit, I added the storm trooper ribbon to both the top left and bottom right of the page; this to me gave the spread some definition - that's where the page ends.
I built embellishment clusters around these. I added the mummy cast to the bottom right and then added some yellow enamel spots on the page for small pops of colour.


I went for a title, as such with this spread (not something I am usually to fussed about in an art journal page), by using the small red alphas we got in the kit.' Light or Dark, which side.



And that was it this spread, A mixed media, galaxy fun spread. Check out more projects in the blog using this months kit.

I will be back again soon with another Star Wars inspired project for you. Until then,
Happy Scrapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment