Saturday 3 August 2019

Julie - August 2019 Kit - Masquerade

Good morning to all our friends her at Scrapping Fun Kits

The layout that I am sharing with you today uses the new August kit.
You can subscribe to the kits here.

I have created a process video that shows how this layout came together.
You can see the video here.


The background paper for this layout is from Kaisercraft's On the Dot range. It has been trimmed to 11.5" x 11.5" and matted on a piece of black cardstock that I have cut the middle out of.

I chose a piece of red paper and the black and white floral paper from my stash, tore one long edge of each and layered the floral on top of the red so that the floral had a red definition along the top and the bottom.

The photo is matted on a red and a black paper from the kit and white cardstock giving it a triple mat. I wish I had of  cut the centres out of the mats so I could of had more of this great paper to play with but I did not think of it at the time.

I used a Crafters Workshop stencil called Mini Peacock Feathers and some Mont Marte Modelling paste to add the feathers to the bottom central area of the background. I have chosen feathers as the main embellishments on this page to go with the feathers in the mask I am wearing.

The photo was taken at my niece's engagement party in 2011. The theme was Masquerade.


While I was waiting for the Modelling Paste to dry I found a few of pieces of chipboard in my stash and painted them with 2 coats of acrylic paint. I have had the chipboard for some time and no longer have the packaging.  The black square cluster, red bracket and white scalloped piece are all chipboard.


The transparencies are from Kaisercraft's Check In Acetate Shapes pack. (Very old)
The white flower and the feathers are from my stash and I cannot remember what brand they are either.

All of the embellish have been attached to the layout using double sided tape or wet glue for the bulkier items.

The title uses stickers from the kit. They match the papers and embellishments from the kit so well. I had trouble deciding where to put the title but finally decided to place it in the bottom right of the layout. I have underlined the title with a black fine tip pen, to help it stand out a little more.

My final step was to splatter some black acrylic paint here and there.

Don't forget you can buy the kits here and see the video here.

Thanks again for visiting us here today

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment