Saturday 26 August 2017

Music Concert - August Kit with Sarah Rosse

Hello crafty friends, Sarah here with the musically delightful August kit. Raelene defintely has outdone herself with this one! I have this one layout to share with you but must say I have so many additional bits and pieces left over from the kit that there are many more to make. The use of this kit is so verstaile - from school music concert pics, to your little girl's ballet class, to layouts and pocket pages about your favorite songs and music lyrics!

The photo in this layout was taken back in June at the school end of term music concert. With the theme being 'rock stars', the concert was to farewell the ever-popular music teacher Mr Smith. One of my son's teachers dressed up as Elvis and I happened to snap this shot with that funny hair wig making an appearance (it wasn't even his!). To pick up some of the colours in the wig, I used a piece of cardstock that had some left over paint on - a nice compliment to the black and white elements of the kit.

The scalloped lace piece was adhered to the bottom of the layout, topped with one of the washi tape from the kit (still two others to use up!). The photo was matted using the three mats provided in the kit and adhered down.
The chipboard piece by Memory maze laser cuts was stamped using black ink and then I applied clear embossing powder over the top. Heated the powder with my heat tool and I think it looks fabulous! The lovely thing about having raw chipboard is you can ink it, heat emboss it, paint it, colour it or just leave it plain.
Lastly the layout was embellished with the gorgeous silver music notes, strips of black and silver bling, epoxy button and that adorable musical bow paper clip. The title word 'music' was a DT bonus and the 'concert' stickers were from my stash.
I hope you enjoyed this layout and I look forward to bringing you another project very soon...September is almost here!

No comments:

Post a Comment