Saturday 13 April 2019

Julie - April 2019 Kit - We Remember

Good morning Scrapping Fun Kit fans

Today I want to share with you my first layout using Scrapping Fun Kits April 2019 kit. You can subscribe here

The kit has an ANZAC theme so I have created a layout showcasing my fathers National Service. He was in the first National Service call up.

There is a video showing the process for creating this layout on my YouTube channel. You can see it here.

Anzac layouts are the one time I feel comfortable putting flowers on a male layout because of the association poppies have with Anzac.


My background incorporates three layers of cardstock. The deep red, the kraft and the khaki.

I have used some brass acrylic paint to paint the chipboard emblem from the kit and also to colour the  paste I have used through a Kaisercraft stencil to add some dimension to the background.
When the texture paste was dry, I distressed all of the edges then I have used my sewing machine to attach the top two layers to the base layer with both straight stitching and zig zag.


I have used Stampendous Pretty Poppies stamp and die set to create the poppies. I have stamped the flowers onto red cardstock and then heat embossed them with fine black embossing powder. I did the same for the leaves using some of the same paper I used as the top layer of the background.

I love the Stampendous stamps and dies because when you cut the stamp out using the die it does not leave a border around the stamped image. I am not a fan of the borders I'm afraid.


I used the patterned papers in the kit to cut some fishtail pieces of various widths and lengths to layer behind my photo. I also used a piece of red velum that I embossed using a Cuttlebug embossing folder as another layer.

I had my father's badge, so I cleaned it up and attached that using my hot glue gun so it would stay in place. The slouch hat and clock metals that were in the kit, are attached with black crochet cotton so they hang just below the photo.


The journalling was printed onto some of the patterned paper from the kit and attached with double sided tape.

Once I had matted the photo on the same paper as the top layer on the background I used foam tape to attach it to the layout


Don't forget, you can watch the video showing the process of creating this page on my YouTube channel here

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment