Wednesday 10 April 2019

Raelene - April 2019 kit - Message from home

Ever since I attended my first scrapbooking class one of the most important things I planned to scrap the heritage photos and in particular I wanted to tell the 2 ANZAC stories in my family.

So when creating this ANZAC inspired kit for my business Scrapping Fun Kits I thought about what I needed to tell the story of my Granddad and my Grandmother's brother.
For this layout I am scrapping a copy of the front and back of the photo my Granddad's Mother sent him when he was serving in France, dated 22/2/1917.  This is the only photo in existence of his Mum and the only example of her hand writing so it is very special and I am so glad I was able to get a scanned copy on a visit to my then 88 year old Uncle in 2009.  I was going to include the photo of my Granddad but changed my mind during the creation process.


I wanted to create a aged paper look with my cardstock so I started with a sheet of cream cardstock and created the aged feel with Distress Ink in Old Paper, Antique Linen and Vintage Photo using the packaging technique on my craft sheet and then some ink blending to finish to accomplish this.
I then sealed it with Helmar Chrystal Kote to ensure if it got wet I  wouldn't have my ink run.






I then grabbed out the lace from my August 2018 Mary Poppins inspired Kit from Scrapping Fun Kits and aged it with some Distress Ink Aged Linen, I just dabbed it several times on my craft sheet, spritzed with water and then smooshed my lace in it.

To put my layout together I used 3 papers from the kit and selectively cut the papers so I could save the paper that would be behind the photos.
I matted my photos with cream cardstock and inked the edges of the photos and the photo matts with Distress Ink Vintage Photo.
Adhering all my layers with Helmar Professional Acid Free Glue.







I put down a strip of the washi from the April 2019 ANZAC Kit, then adhered my lace using Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive.
Once this was down I glued my photo cluster down with Helmar Professional Acid Free Glue and then started adding the charms and 2 of the die cuts from the ANZAC Kit.
I used Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to adhere the charms and Helmar Acid Free Glue to adhere the die cuts.





I decided to just put my Great-Grandmother's name as my Title so I grabbed out some really old Kaszazz alphas that look like handwriting and spelt out her name, I chose this as I wanted it to work in with her hand writing.
As I was sticking it down I realised I was putting down her maiden name so added her surname but I was out of y and s  so I had to make them by cutting other letters and numbers up.  I created the y with a u and the bottom of a 3 and the s were created with the bottom of a 3 and top of a 2. 
I think they look pretty good.



Scrapping family heritage photos can be really hard but I am really happy with how this turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment