Wednesday 24 April 2019

Karen - April 2019 Kit - That's Why I Craft



April 2019 - That's Why I Craft

I've had this quote for a while and had been meaning to scrap it for a while. As it was 6 x 4, it was too big for my pocket page notebook, and too small for a 12 x 12 - so I used my 8 x 8 album which has been neglected for some time.

I had some red cardstock, but apart from that, everything else I used was leftover from the Anzac inspired kit - and I still didn't manage to use everything!





I started layering the quote with some of the leftover paper, ripping it and layering it to give the quote a good focus point on the layout.

I knew I wanted to make a focus of the ribbon too, and decided to stitch on my sewing machine, to add some texture to the layout.

The intricate die cuts were an easy fit to this, and added some much needed contrast to all the red in the spread, adding a pop of green and brown.






I decided to add a few rows of stitching to the top of the layout too, to compliment the stitching at the bottom and to balance out the layout, which was started to feel a bit bottom heavy.






I love the end result of this - everything works so well together - without taking anything away from my quote. If you want to see how this came together, check out my video on YouTube here.

You can also find me on the following social platforms at:

No comments:

Post a Comment