Wednesday 25 July 2018

Connie - July 2018 Kit - Mixed Media Tag ...

Hello Arty Friends!!!

I am loving the Harry Potter theme for this months kit!
But too be honest I was really stuck on what I was going to do! ... I had so many ideas running around in my head I just couldn't decide on which way I wanted to go.

For the last year, I have planned to make my own Harry Potter junk journal, I have been collecting all sorts of stuff to go into this junk journal & I have been on the hunt for a used Harry Potter hard cover book to use as my cover, which I have yet to find!
So I decided to make a Mixed Media tag, that will eventually end up in my Harry Potter junk journal!

To start off I did a transfer using the brick paper onto a watercolour tag. To do the transfer I coated the tag & the brick paper with matte medium & stuck them together (brick side down). After it had completely dried I sprayed the back off the brick paper with water & used my finger to rub off the white paper to revel the transfer. Now this doesn't always work & most times you wont get a solid transfer, but that is the look I was going for.

I then started to build up my layers using a bit of hessian, texture paste, off cuts of paper from the July kit. I also used Tim Holtz's distress ink to add a bit of depth to my tag.
I also sprayed some off cuts of white netting with Dylusions Spray in Ground Coffee to use in the layering & for the top of the tag.
I then used the distress ink to darken up a tree chipboard piece that I found in my stash & arranged a little cluster using the flowers, the metal bird cage & the wool off the paper clip from the kit.
I adhered it all down usng a hot glue gun.
Finishing off my tag with a bit off netting & the 9 3/4 metal tag charm from the kit!

I am so happy with the result.




Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you enjoyed my little Harry Potter projects this month!


Until next time ...

Connie ...xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment