Friday 6 July 2018

Jaymilee - July 2018 Kit - Magic

Hey lovely peeps, I'm up today on the blog sharing a 9x12 layout I created using the July embellishment kit. The layout I created I wanted to focus on the word magic rather than the theme of harry potter. What I did was break off the deathly hallows symbol from the wood veener. I know it was scary to break the piece like this but I was a little thrown on how to use the piece and this was a way I knew I could use it. Next I traced around it to create a template that I used for the background.


 What I did was cut triangles of the same size from the papers in the kit. Next I cut out a few blank triangles which I then covered with the washi tape included in the kit and a design team bonus.
I places all the triangles on the page randomly in a strip down the left side of the page. All I did was make sure that the same pattern wasn’t next to each other, and I just stuck them down with double sided tape, you could also use wet glue to glue them down.

You can use this technique with any shapes and it will give an awesome effect.

I just used some gold tissue paper and kraft cardstock from my stash to mat the photo. I didn’t want to take away from the background I created but I wanted a little something to make the photo pop and gold worked really well for that.



















Next I just hand cut a heart from the papers in the kit, you can also use a punch or die to do this is you aren’t confident in doing this freehand. I glued that down along with the birdcage charm from the kit to make a little embellishment clusters at the bottom ride side of the photo.
Using the theme of magic I came up with the title your friendship is magic. I used some gold thickers from my stash. and just wrote the rest of the title in my own script font. also added a little cluster on the side using the paper flower from the kit and gold heart and arrows from my stash.

I hope you all enjoyed this layout. I love how it turned out. Don't be afraid to alter your embellishments to suit what you need them for.
Jaymilee.

No comments:

Post a Comment