Wednesday 7 November 2018

Jaymilee - 8x8 Layout - Sharing is Caring


Hi everyone,
I’m up on the blog today sharing a really quick and simple 8x8 layout of my family’s dogs. 


I started by cutting down a 12x12 kraft cardstock down to 8x8. This kit was filled with green items and I have always struggled to make green layouts. I knew I wanted to do a little bit of mixed media in the background because I thought it would make working with green a little easier. I stared by putting some gesso on the right hand side. I used a sponge and dab it onto the page. Next I used a stencil from my stash that looks a little but like leaves. I just used some green paint and used the same sponge to dab on a tiny amount of green on top of the gesso.











Next I used the lined paper from the November kit and matted my photo. I also used a book page and a green sheet of paper from my stash to also matt the photo. I used some double sided tape to stick all the paper layers together. I then used some wet glue to stick the photo onto the layout. I always use wet glue when sticking anything onto mixed media.

















While I was creating the mixed media background, I decided to use the title sharing is caring because they are both sharing a stick in the photo. I used an alcohol marker from my stash and a black felt tip pen to write the title. Writing your own title is a great way to get a unique title when you don’t have any alpha stickers that will go with your layout.
















I used the washi tape from the kit and I covered a heart that I just cut from a scrap piece of paper. This is a great way to make coordinating embellishments if you don’t have any matching embellishments in your stash that go with a layout you are making I used some foam tape and wet glue to stick down the heart. I used the leaf brads from the kit and pushed them though the page in the top right hand corner and next to the heart I made. Next I used some twine from my stash and tied the two dinosaur charms on the twine. I really like how the charms still swing because the twine is glued down not the charms. Finally I used some green tiny word stickers form my stash and did some black splatters around the page.







That’s all from me today. Check out what the other ladies have created using this kit.
Thanks everyone,
Jaymi.


No comments:

Post a Comment