Tuesday 13 November 2018

Lauren - Who Kit - Dr. Who Junk Journal


 Hello Everyone,

These papers in the Who Kit are so lovely and I knew I wanted to document when we went to the cinema to watch the new Season recently. Here is a link to the unboxing video that me and my 12 year old son did .... https://youtu.be/Xu-_JIVSRuA

So to do this I made a Junk Journal.

I used the printed exclusive paper made by Sarah that is free with kit purchase to be my cover (I had printed it on 250gsm paper).  I cut it in half and then folded it in half and wella there is the cover hehe.

Next I folded each of the patterned paper in the collection and nestled them in each other to make the pages. I did this so that each spread in the junk journal will have one half patterned paper and the other half blank page, this was so it didn't overwhelm the layout when it came to adding photos, memoriabilla and embellishments.

I then punched holes and sewed the junk journal together. To see this in detail check out the process video here...https://youtu.be/mJOyvBpf48g

I then clipped it together with clips to hold the pages as they flattened to make the notebook.

I then got set embellishing the cover. I fussy cut the Tardis and glued it to the front page (bottom right) and used alphas from my stash to spell out Dr Who. I added a couple of wood veneer stars from the embellishment kit.

Lastly I used the language charm (not sure what language it is but it is something to do with the show - check out the link above for the unboxing where my son explains it better). I detached it from the necklace and attached it to the stitching on the spine. This must be done carefully so that the stitching doesn't break or stretch and therefore break the journal.





Hope to see you back really soon, 
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment