Wednesday 28 November 2018

Jaymilee - Dino Kit - Birthday card / mini album


Hi everyone, Jaymilee with you Today.
I’m up on the blog today sharing something that is a little bit different that I created with the Dino Kit. My idea behind this project is a birthday card that can also be used as a mini album. So with this idea in mind I knew I needed a card base. I cut down some white cardstock from my stash to a card that had a trifold.


I covered the inside cover with sections of paper from the kit. I did this so that the person that receives the card could then use these sections to add photos. I also pinned on the dinosaur patch from the kit as both an embellishment and a gift for the person receiving the card.








Next I used the washi tape from the kit as well as the leaf trim from the kit to make a corner detail. I used hot glue to stick everything down to ensure that nothing would fall off. I then stuck on the really cute resin leaves from the kit to add some more detail to the cover.

















To hold the card shut and when photos would be added I used the stretchy ribbon from the kit to make a closure for the card. I did this by trimming down the ribbon to the size I needed and simply used hot glue to attach the two ends together.

I used a green alcohol marker from my stash to write dinosaur dude across the detail on the front cover. I also added some of the dinosaur wooden buttons inside the card to go along with the dinosaur patch from the kit. This was a really fun project to make as it was super quick and something that a beginning crafter could make.



Check out some of the other ladies on the blog and what they made with this kit. That’s all from me this time.
Jaymi

No comments:

Post a Comment