Tuesday 6 November 2018

Raelene - Dr Who Kit - TARDIS Banner for our Dr Who celebrations

I am loving doing themed days with the kids, it is a great way to get E doing fine motor skill and sensory stuff.  I am making a couple of decorations myself and Today's post is one of those projects.

I really wanted a banner to hang for the significant Who days, aka season premiere, anniversary/my granddaughter's Birthday and the Christmas special/Boxing Day and this kit was perfect for making a banner.

I bought some burlap banners in bulk a while ago and used 6 pieces to make this banner.

I used my Silhouette Curio to diecut the letters to spell TARDIS from some royal blue cardstock and I grabbed out all the trims from my stash that might work with this.




Here is a video of my process of creating this banner.
Note: I was still working on the kit so I added the trim from the kit after finishing the video, check the photos below for the results.



I used Helmar's Premium Craft Glue for this project as it would give the hold needed for a item that will be hanging in my lounge room.

 

I used the Handles cut file and a scrap of silver mylar to create my Cyberman heads.  I then smudged a mix of gesso and grey ink onto them to make them look more beaten up like Handles was.
Check out how I used this awesome Mylar for a chrome look on my Happy Days Diner scrapping.









I love how it looks.







Such a fun bit of Timey Whimey stuff for our Doctor Who celebrations.
If you would love one of these awesome kits head to the Subscription Tab at Scrapping Fun Kits and fill in the form.


No comments:

Post a Comment