Wednesday, 14 August 2019

Julie - August Kit - Julie Layout

Good morning to you all.

Today's layout is the second layout I have created using the August 2019 kit.

You can subscribe here.

I have created a process video showing how this layout came together. You can see the video here.


This photo was taken on a ship when we were on a cruise in 2014. It is one of my favourite photos of me. I am like most people and do not think I take a good photo generally but this one seems OK to me. I chose it because of the amount of red that is in the photo.

I have used what was left of my kit after creating this layout and a few items from my stash.

I have made a 1" frame with the black cardstock and trimmed the blue down to 11.5" square and attached that on top of the black frame.

Using a Crafters Workshop stencil called Mini Circus Banners and some Mont Marte Modelling Paste I added some banners across the top left hand corner of the page and across the page about 1/3rd of the way up from the bottom.

I have used SpellBinders Nested Lacy Pennants, Die-Namics Mix and Match Banners and an unbranded die to cut an assortment of banners using both papers from the kit and my stash.

I also cut a pink and a yellow SpellBinders Label 8 die. This will hold some of the journalling.

I used the same pink and yellow paper to cut a couple of strips, I punched one of the long edges of the pink to add some interest. These will be layered on top of each other and used to create a horizontal element through the layout.

Before I attached the elements to the page I watered down some acrylic paint in pink, yellow, black and white and created a light covering of splatters to the blue cardstock.

Using glue I attached all of the elements to the page. The photo was mounted on some craft foam before being attached.


I used Couture Creations CO724161 flower die and the velum from the kit to create the flower in the cluster on the left hand side of the photo. I actually made two of these flowers so I have a spare to use in another project.

The rest of the cluster was made up with a red paper rose and a black flair, also from the kit.

Using my Uniball White Gel pen I added faux stitching to the pennants and the edge of the blue cardstock


The title was cut using Kaisercraft's DD700 Alphabet Upper Case dies and some of the red cardstock from the kit. I inked the edges of the letters and attached them to the layout below the photo.

I originally hand wrote the date on the label to the left of the photo but I did not like it so I cut another label and used my computer to print the date on it.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about the process of creating this layout.

The kits are available here and don't forget to check out what other members of the Design team have created with the kits throughout the month right here.

Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a comment