Saturday 22 July 2017

Lisa - July Kit - A Lazy Day In

Hello again, this is my second layout using the Scrapping Fun Kit's July Kit. I love the winter themed embellishments but to be honest I was stuck with how to use them as I didn't think I had any photo's to match and I really like using photo's i already have. After a few hints from our fearless leader, Raelene... I got it :) and I love the result. I hope you do too.

To start with I chose some photos of us having "A Lazy Day In" back in July 1997 which matches with the winter theme.

You won't often see me in photo's from back in the day but here I am 20 Years ago now at the age of 24. WOW !! How time flies.

I wanted a way to show off all the beautiful patterned paper in the July Kit without hiding them behind photos, So I chose a Grid/Block style layout.

So first I laid out the papers in a grid formation and mounted them onto Dark Brown Card-stock and then again onto a caramel/latte coloured 12x12 Card-stock.

In this block I have put my journaling and decorated it with the gorgeous white fabric flower from the kit and trimmed the bottom with the kit ribbon and the other silver snowflake charm.

I matted the photos and placed them off centre on top of the grid with some of the word accents from the kit, which I have trimmed with some ink and mounted into foam tape to bring them off the page.

The I put the title to the right of the photos as shown in the top image using some alphas I got from Kmart.


In the bottom Grids I have used the cut aparts from the Kit. This first one "Today is a Hot Chocolate Kind of Day" fit perfectly and didn't need any extra embellishment. 

The next block was some gorgeous snowflake paper from the kit which I have embellished with more word accents, which I have trimmed again with Ink to lift them off the page.

Then to the far right I have used some paper I had in my stash and placed the Hot Cocoa, Cup and "Hug in a Cup" cut aparts from the kit on top.  I have also trimmed it along the bottom with the gorgeous vintage lace in the kit, which is difficult to see in this photo.

All coming together quite well in the end. And too think I had no idea when I started. See you all next month... Take Care. Lisa.


No comments:

Post a Comment