Saturday 9 February 2019

Katie - Alice Kit - Birthday Layout

Hello and welcome to my first post using the fabulous February Alice themed kit! First let's check out the kit...

No photo description available.

Isn't it fabulous! And it just so happens I have a beautiful little niece by the name of Alice who had an Alice in Wonderland themed birthday party when she turned one, and I have lots of photos from said party!

First let's look at how my background came together...


So I was going with some darker purples and pinks with some of my additional patterned paper so I thought I would start with a lighter pink mesh style texture on the background.


To this stenciling I added some dark purple script stamping, using of course my favourite distress oxide inks!



I had decided on a vertical design so kept my background work to either side of where I would place some paper strips. Now I am ready to add all the good stuff!



And tada! Here is the finished page! I picked up some Echo Park die cuts from their Alice collection and it worked in beautifully with the kit and my photos. I love how well the blue satin flower matches the cake in the photo!


And check out how cool the cheshire cat tail is with the little bottle charm and they of course work perfectly with all the other colours!



Again I made some tags using the kit patterned paper, and I also matted my photos on some kit paper. What do you think of my stars? I created these using some of the kit washi tape, check out the photos below for how it came about...


I started by laying some of the washi down on some scrap card stock, closely aligning as best I could.
Then I used my confetti star punch to make stars.



All the stars you see in this photo were punched from that one bit of card, I just kept moving the punch around and aligning different sizes with sections of card until it was all used up. This is a great way to get an embellishment for your page and use the washi in a different way too.


So, that is it from me for today, tune in soon for another fun Alice page from Alice's party!

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment