Wednesday 13 February 2019

Katie - Alice Kit - Party Fun

Hello! I am back again to share another fun party layout from my Niece Alice's first birthday, using of course the fabulous February Alice kit! So let's check out the kit first...



My page today focused on some of the interesting characters and decorations set up for the Alice themed party, particularly my Mum and Aunty who dressed up as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum!

First lets take a little look at how my background came together:


I decided I wanted to use some of the fabulous washi tape in the kit, in particular the one with the Alice characters, so I went with a vertical strip design and used washi, some of the patterned paper from the kit and also another complimentary patterned paper for interest. I varied the strips widths and lengths and laid them across the page.


So next I picked a soft pink that is seen in the background and a lattice stencil which repeats the pattern on the black and white paper and added some more detail.


Then to finish off I added some gold splatters using some Liquitex gold ink, this one has a dropper making it great for making good sized round drops. Now I am ready to add photos and embellishments! So let's look at the final page...


I used the chipboard cakes as a centre piece for design, and I painted it white so it was a little more subtle against the busy background. I tucked my photos into this too it gave a great way to ground them to the page.


I cut two small tag tops to tuck in behind my photo and I used some of the washi, folded in half length ways, through the holes and stapled in place to finish them off. A great way to use washi and the perfect finish to the tag! And OMG how cute are those little playing cards?!


It is a little hard to see, but I did a sparkly/glitter wash over the cakes and stand to add some extra dimension, and added the yellow ruffly ribbon under both the photos for texture.


Apart from finding a puffy sticker word for my title I added some little sticker phrases from my stash and called the page done!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are having loads of fun with this kit too!

Katie x



No comments:

Post a Comment