Saturday, 27 April 2019

Raelene - April 2019 Kit - ANZAC

Last year on ANZAC Day the boys and I spent the day exploring the Discovering ANZACs website and reading all the documents about my Grandfather and my Grandmother's brother, I really wanted to scrapbook these important stories from our family history but I just didn't have enough suitable supplies so I made some Watercolour Poppies that day and then started work on creating a ANZAC inspired kit. 





I scrapped the photo my Great-grandmother sent Grandad while he was stationed in France during WW1 earlier this month and on ANZAC Day I spent some quality scrapping time scrapping the restored photo of Grandad from WW1.

I started by aging my cream cardstock with Distress Ink in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo, I also edged all my paper layers and my photos with Vintage Photo.








I started by playing with my papers until I was happy with my layers, trimming out any paper that would be behind things and adhering them together with Helmar Acid Free Glue.  When sticking them down I didn't glue to the edge so that I could tuck things in later.
I wound up tucking in some Fundamentals white paper doilies later as once my embellishments were going down it felt like it needed it.

I stepped a little further outside my comfort zone and created a big field of poppies with all my Watercolour Poppies, the fabric and resin poppies from the kit and the poppy washi from the kit.  I usually don't do a cluster of flowers this big but I do love my poppy field.






I started by sticking down some of the poppy washi and then sticking down all my watercolour poppies.  I then added my poppies and the leaf die cuts from the kit.
And finally added 2 wood veneer clock faces and some chipboard flowers and swirls from a old pack of Basic Grey chipboard.

For my title I grabbed out the letters for ANZAC from some Ruby Rock-It chipboard alphas and painted them with some gold paint. 
Once dry I inked them with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo to create a more brass look.







I added some scraps from a vintage crochet doily to my layout with Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive (I used this for the wood veneer clocks and the resin flowers also) and some green embroidery thread. 
I placed a piece of the vintage doily in my top left cluster and into my main cluster, carefully poking it under flowers so it looked like it belonged in the cluster rather than being added as a after thought.


I added some Ruby Rock-It red micro beads to my cluster by just dabbing a little Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive in random spots.












I added some paper scraps and washi to my top left and bottom right corners to draw your eye.

 I was so worried while I was building this layout as I do not usually do a big flower cluster but I absolutely love how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a comment