Wednesday 17 April 2019

Julie - April 2019 kit - 60

Good morning Scrapping Fun Kit people

Today I am sharing the second layout I have created using the Scrapping Fun Kit's April kit.

The first one I created was We Remember. You can see that video here

Today's layout features a photo of me taken on my 60th birthday. I have to admit, it is very rare that I scrap a photo of myself.

You can watch the process video for this layout here.


I have used a Doodlebug Design flocked cardstock for the red background. I have cut the centre out of this cardstock leaving just a 1" frame as it seemed such a shame to waste it.

The black cardstock was cut to 11" square and the white cardstock is 10.75" square.

I used some black acrylic paint to colour some clear texture paste. I then put this through Kaisercraft's Lattice stencil down the middle of the page and to the left. I also added a small amount to the right hand edge of the cardstock.

I used the ribbon from the kit and a strip of black cardstock and some of the red to add some stripes behind the photo. I also added some of the ribbon on top of the texture paste on the right hand edge.


The two doilies, also from the kit, were added to the layout using my hot glue gun.

I used some of the patterned papers that I had left from the kit to make a couple of light coloured flowers to add to the red poppies to create a flower cluster on the bottom right of the photo. I also included the resin poppies and the green foliage to the cluster.


To complete the cluster on the right hand side I added one of the fabric poppies and one of the resin poppies to the doily


I cut my title using Die-Namics High Rise Numbers die and black cardstock and wrote the date by hand.

Lastly I added some splashed using Tattered Angles Chalkboard spray in Tomato Cerise.

Pop over to my YouTube channel and watch the video for all of the details.

If you would like to subscribe to Scrapping Fun Kits monthly kits you can do that here.

Thanks for dropping by
Till next time
Hugs
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment