Saturday 15 April 2017

Tracey- April Kit- Fabulous Memory

Hey everybody! I'm back at it again with the April kit! How is everybody going with it? have you made much or are you hoarding the gorgeous supplies?

I started this page with white cardstock. I then followed on with my favourite technique- the packaging technique.  For this page I used the Tim Holtz Distress Stain in the colour Wiltled Violet and possibly Wisteria by Kaisercraft (I can't quite remember).



I then took another of the beautiful kit papers and used my Martha Stewart Arbour loop edge punch on one side and stuck that to my page.  I trimmed my photo down to a 4x4 and mounted it to some scrap cream and black patterned paper and then a plain black cardstock and stuck it down.

I then wanted to use some of the delicate vintage lace and some of the purple and gold ribbon from the kit. I threaded the thin ribbon through the centres of the lace and stuck a longer piece to the bottom left corner and a smaller piece to the top right corner, as per usual.



With this months kit, we all received some handmade flairs.  I used the 'Fun Times' flair in a small cluster up on the top righthand corner. I felt like this was helping to ground the ribbon and the lace that was there.

I then used my dice cut machine with the KaiserCraft dies 'fabulous' and 'memory', I just used a plain black cardstock to do this. I felt like the black was too plain with such a busy background, so, I took my gold KindyGlitz and smeared that over the black and allowed it to dry so that I could stick it down.



To finish off my page, I took an assortment of sequins, beads, buttons and the metal flowers from the kit and created a diagonal line from bottom left to top right. I also added the hand knitted purple flower from the kit as well as the silver butterfly.

Thanks for reading, don't forget to share your creations with us on the Scrapping Fun Inspiration Group on Facebook.




No comments:

Post a Comment