Tuesday 4 April 2017

Tracey - April Kit - Hello Graduates

Hey everybody! Tracey here today. How are you all enjoying your new kits? I had HEAPS of fun playing around with this beautiful kit. I found it so easy and enjoyable to use because it's my favourite colour, purple.

When I first saw the kit I knew that I wanted to use photos from my year 12 graduation because my dress was purple.  I began with applying a texture paste through a stencil to black Kaisercraft cardstock. I felt like the texture paste was just hanging off the edge of the card stock so I decided that I would use the purple ribbon from the April kit so 'stop it from falling off'. With everything being so dark on the layout, I knew that I would need something to break up the dark hues of purple and black, so, I stuck a large piece of cream and black patterned paper as a base for my photo and embellishments.  I then stuck a strip of the lovely kit paper along the side along with a strip of one of the washi samples.

Now, one of my FAVOURITE embellishments in scrapbooking is a doily. Doilys are great because the can provide you with a base for a cluster, they are delicate enough to add a reasonable amount of interest to the page and they're stunning on every layout! We were lucky enough to receive a purple doily in the kit so I used that as a base for my photo, which I matted in some scrap purple polka dot paper and a dark plum cardstock. With my base created I started to look into what I wanted to include in my cluster. I went with the Raelene's hand made flower, an assortment of the sequins and beads as well as the purple heart paper clip.



At this stage of the layout I was feeling like the top right corner was looking a little bare, so I used some more purple doily and a hand knitted flower and stuck that in the corner.  I often enjoy having a small interest point in a corner because it helps the eye to move around the page.



I love mixing fonts and colours with my titles, so I used the purple 'Hello' die cut that was included in the kit with some black letter stickers from my stash and created the title 'Hello Graduates'.



With my layout almost done, there was only one thing left for me to do, splatter some ink. I used the Tim Holts Distress Stain in the colour 'Wilted Violet'.



Don't forget to share the pages that you have made using your kit on the Scrapping Fun Inspiration Group on Facebook, we can't wait to see what you have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment