Tuesday 9 May 2017

Lisa - May Kit - Boy to Man

Hello everyone and welcome to my first project using the Scrapping Fun May embellishment kit.

This kit is great for those male layouts and today I have decided to do a layout of my Son when he was a teenager.

Boy 2 Man is the title I chose for he was 17 years old and moving into manhood 😁






I started this layout with some Gesso on the embossed Bazzill cardstock as an undercoat for hessian from my stash to go on top of. Then a little more Gesso on top just to bring it through the hessian

I then used the gorgeous cardstock from the kit as well as some embossed cardstock from my stash to mat the photo on and add a layered affect.



I used the 2 filigree flowers as a base for the handmade flower. As I needed 2 handmade flowers, I split it in half and created 2 with a matching brad & button I had in my stash.


I placed one in the top left corner of the photo and the other to the bottom right of the photo, balancing yet creating an extension.




Embellishing the right side of the photo with the Kit Bakers Twine and extending around the flower with the Kit Wood Veneer stars. I used half the Kit Straw on the top of the photo



The kit sequins, beads and stars were a great addition and I used these to give a bit of shine to the hessian above and below the photo. Then to top it all off a little flag under the photo for journalling/info and some washi across the bottom.

I hope you enjoy the completed layout and I look forward to bringing you another, using the Scrapping Fun May Kit soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment