Saturday 27 May 2017

Tracey- love you- May kit

Hey scrappers! I'm back today with another layout from the May kit, once again, a fairly simple layout.

I started off with black cardstock from Kaisercraft, I chose to mount my photo on a piece of the papers that we all received in our kits, for more interest, I layered two other pieces of kit paper under the photo.

My bottom cluster is my absolute favourite part of this layout because of its masculine flower that was hand made by the wonderful Raelene. I think she's done a wonderful job and making something so feminine appear to be so grungy and 'boyish'.  I used that as my centre piece in this cluster, I tucked one of the kits epoxy flairs under the flower to help make it look less lonely. I then used some of the wooden stars and sequins that were also a part of the kit to help fill in the cluster.  I felt as if I needed a base for my cluster seeing as it was quite large and it was on a dark background so I cut a part of the straw that we all received and glued it under everything.





I then proceeded to add another cluster in the top left hand corner of the page. I used the left over piece of straw to help tie everything in and I then added some of the sample washi tape which I also loved from the kit.  The washi acts like a grounding place for the 'sweet heart' sticker that I used as well as the other tiny word stickers in that corner. To finish off that cluster I added some of the sequins that I had used at the bottom.








At this stage, I was thinking that my bottom cluster was looking a little plain so I just added some more tiny word stickers and then added my title, 'love you'.

I hope that you enjoyed today's post and I hope that your loving your May kits!

No comments:

Post a Comment