Wednesday 19 December 2018

Jaymilee - December 2018 Kit - Bloom where you are planted


Helloooo everybody, todays post is a little bit special and also a little bit sad. Today is my last blog post as a design team member for Scrapping Fun Kits. It has been a wonderful experience and I hope that you all have enjoyed seeing my projects as much as I have enjoyed creating them.

Anyway let’s get into today’s project. Today I’m sharing a 12x12 layout of me when I was in year 2. When I first opened the December 2018 kit, I saw the beautiful chipboard piece saying “bloom where you are planted” and I instantly knew I wanted to do a layout of myself from when I was younger. First I painted the chipboard piece with gesso and then I used some hot pink paint from my stash and went over the gesso with that.














Next I used some black paint from my stash and paint over the area that I knew my photo and the chipboard piece would cover. I used a really light layer and this only took a few minutes to dry. Next I used the papers from the kit and some tissue paper from my stash to matte my photo. I just used double sided tape to adhere the paper layers together. I also used the pink and white polka dot doily from the kit and added that to the photo matt. I adhered the photo down using wet glue and it was being stuck down to mixed media. I also used a black felt tip pen and did a simple border around the layout.











I knew I wanted a simple embellishment cluster so that the focus of the layout would be the chipboard title. I cut out a tag shape from one of the papers from the kit and used the back so that I would have a white coloured tag. I used some punched from my stash and cut out some circles and hearts and simply adhered these to the tag. I then using my hole punch, made a hole at the top of the tag and used one of the ribbon trims from the kit to put through the tag hole. I then used the resin flowers and paper flowers from the kit and stuck those down with some wet glue. Finally I used a few tiny word stickers from my stash on the tag and the layout was done.


I love how this layout has turned out and I love how much the title sticks out in the layout.



Thank you so much for reading this blog post, check out what the other ladies are doing with this kit on the blog. It has been wonderful being a design team member here at scrapping fun kits.
Thanks Jaymi

No comments:

Post a Comment