Wednesday 16 January 2019

Katie - Gaming Kit - Quick Tag

Good Morning and Hello! I am back to share a quick tag that I made using some of the pieces from the Gaming Kit. Tags are always a fun way to use up scraps or experiment with techniques and ideas on a smaller scale. I was doing a bit of both when I made this one!


First, let's see what the kit looks like:

 

I decided to have a play with the background of my tag, I cut the tag from white cardstock firstly and then grabbed a green distress oxide ink in mowed lawn, to play on some of the greens in the kit. I basically just swiped the ink pad over the tag to cover it, but I wasn't worried if it didn't cover completely as it gave a distressed kind of feel. Then I grabbed a faded dots stencil (Tim Holtz one I think, although there are a few similar ones out there) and also grabbed a baby wipe and used the reactive properties of the ink to lift some of the colour from the background. Once this was done I grabbed another stencil (a Dark Room Door one I think! I really should write this down...) and used a foam applicator and two colours of ink this time a red and a darker blue to add some more colour, this is how it looked:


 Once I was at this stage it was simply a matter of adding pretties from the kit (and my stash) to finish it off, the final tag looks like this:


I used some paper scraps from the kit across the middle, as well as some tetris washi (very cool!). I then layered some stickers and a cut stamped arrow before finishing with the cherry acrylic piece. I again placed one of the stickers on some white card and cut around it to create a die cut effect, this helps it stand out on the layers of patterned paper also.



For some added interest I included some word stickers (from Tim Holtz Ideaology range) and outlined these with a black paint pen and added some details with a white paint pen. I also added some dots near the small stickers above and below the strip, these kinds of details can help bring some contrast to the design.



A very simple tag, but a bright fun one to include on your favourite Gamer's next gift!

I hope you enjoyed this quick tag, thanks for stopping by!

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment