Sunday 6 January 2019

Raelene - DD2018 Kit - Documenting December Catching Up

This year for my DD I was returning to what worked best for me, combining my DD with my journal the way I did in 2016 but this time I had my photos printed at the shop instead of on my $30 dodgy home printer and that impacted my staying  on track as I struggled to get to the shop to print and I would get home, sit down to scrap and find I had missed a photo. 
Today is January 6th and I just got my missing photo for December 1st and December 4th printed on Friday so I am hoping to sit down and finish my DD over the next couple of days.  I did however skip ahead and got a few days done so I wanted to share one of them with you Today.  I haven't used much of the DD 2018 kit as since I am combining it with my journal it is mostly using memorbilia until Christmas, when I get my Christmas Day memories in I will use the DD 2018 kit.

For December 8th to the 11th I had only one photo and a small amount of journaling so inspired by a spread Shay did that used frames and numbers for a list of days she had no memories she wanted to put in her DD I created pockets with some frame and added my journaling to tags.

The red and white striped frame and numbers are from the cut apart that is in the DD 2018 Kit.













I always like to include some of the wrapping paper I am using each year somewhere in my DD, so I used it as my background for this spread and it coordinated so well with the frame and numbers from the cut apart..
As my photo had purple in it I matted it on some purple and then pulled purple in by creating some tags with it and using the bottlebrush stickers from the November 2017 Kit onto to of the pockets to pull it all together.  For the twine for the tags I grabbed out the silver and white twine from the January 2018 Kit, it was perfect.
Other bits in my layout are some frames I got from Morgyn, a tag I got from Shay and some scrap Christmas Music paper I had in my stash.

I love how this spread turned out.

I will be back soon with more layouts for you.

How is your DD going?

2 comments:

  1. I did enjoy doing the bit of DD I did, but it isn't my thing. Maybye next year I need to stick to my 12x12 format I think I would be more comfortable with that then the little album. I really loved working with this kit there was so many pretty things in it for me to play with. I am loving this layout Raelene thank you for sharing and I am so excited I could inspire you to use this for a layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think with DD it is really important to find what works for you. I would love to do a album for it but it just doesn't work for me so incorporating it into my journal is what works best for me and not worrying about it being a typical DD was really important for me.
      You will find what works for you I am sure.
      I am glad you are excited that you inspired me :)

      Delete