Wednesday 27 March 2019

Amy - March 2019 Kit - Snuggle Bunny Baby

Hey Scrapping Fun Peeps,

Amy here with a mixed media project for my second design project for this month. I decided to scrap an older baby photo of my baby girl, its about 5 years old now.

I started with some texture paste through an older Kaisercraft heart stencil, and just went part of the way around the edges of the cardstock as I thought doing the entire layout would look far to heavy.

I then added my photo and thought it needed some layers behind it to give it some emphasis off the texture paste. So I layered it with some of the patterned papers and also the teal material piece we got this month. I thought the material would add some interest as well as a hint of texture to the photo too.
 
Next up was embellishing as the page looked quite bare to me even with all that texture paste, I did think about adding more mixed media (inks, watercolour) but reached for our kit to see what I could find and came up with a larger embellishment cluster using the ribbon, bunny die cut and a cut green button.



And for some more texture (because why not) I added some of the purple twine we had in the kit too tucked in behind the bunny cut out.









For my journaling I thought I would use the cute rabbit cut apart and then cut out some of the little phrase pieces to pop around the page for extra sentiment.























My title are thickers from stash and the colour match in well with the colour of the blanket in the photo.







And there is my layout completed. A sweet, cozy little mixed media layout using our March kits.



Stay tuned for next months projects, we certainly are flying through these months!!

Happy scrapping fun
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment