Wednesday 6 March 2019

Raelene - March Kit - Easter's On It's Way

I had some photos of the boys preparing treats for our Easter celebration in 2017 that I really wanted to get scrapped but one of them the lighting angle has affected the quality so I knew it needed a darker background than the usual spring themed Easter supplies provide so this Autumn Easter themed kit was perfect for getting these scrapped.

I love the torn paper look on layouts but I often forget to do it when I am speed scrapping so for this layout instead of pre-cutting my papers into smaller scraps ready to use when layers I took inspiration from Julie's layout and tore 2 thin strips off each paper, 1 of each I tore into smaller pieces for my corner clusters.

I matted my photos with a scrap of Kraft Cardstock and glued my layers and photos down with Helmar Acid Free Glue.

For my embellishments I decided on the eggs from the cut apart and some stickers from 2 Echo Park Easter themed sticker sheets; this year's Easter wishes and last year's Hello Easter.  I pulled in some chocolate bunnies, eggs and a cute chicken and Easter bunny from the stickers to build my embellishment clusters.
For the tiny eggs I cut them from a border strip from the Easter Wishes sticker sheet. 


When cutting the pieces of sticker away I noticed the waste piece between this border strip and the one above it and thought it would be a cute extra layer in my papers so I cut some off to add to my paper layers.  When adding it I carefully peeled back my papers a little and just sort of poke it in so the white was under the papers and just the colours were showing I then glued the edge of my papers back down with Helmar Acid Free Glue.


I used a tiny word sticker from the Echo Park stickers and added the Easter Eggs tiny word from the word sheet I just trimmed the outline off so they looked like they were meant to be together.












I finished my layout off with the year and a doodly boarder.  And then I decided to move a sticker so my date looks like it is floating but I still love my layout I just have to decide what to add next to the date.


There are still a couple of these kits available so if you would love one of these kits head to the Subscription Tab and fill in the form.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment